The Ultimate Hiking Adventure of Sri Lanka - 12 Days
Per person on double sharing basisRequest a Quote Detailed Itinerary
|Peak period supplement
|Off Peak period supplement
- Binnacle Negombo
- Villa 49 Kandy
- Knuckles hikers camp
- Sorabora lake Camping site
- St. Bridgett’s Kandy
- Slightly Chilled
- Villa Lemon court
- Misty Mountain Lodge
- Chille Ville
- Binnacle Negombo
- Sacred Temple of Tooth
- Trekking to Knuckles mountain range
- Swimming in a waterfall
- Hike to Adam’s peak
- Hike to Kirigalpotta
- Trek to Bambarakanda waterfalls
- Trek to Ella rock
- 9 Arch bridge
- DBL/TWIN/TRPL sharing hotel accommodation with meals on BB basis (Breakfast only)
- FB basis from lunch on day 3 to breakfast on day 5
- Lunches on days 8 & 9
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle, with an English speaking chauffer as specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fees and site guide’s fees at places of sightseeing
- Services of a trekker, hiking/trekking guide for all hiking and trekking expeditions
- 2 Bottles of water per person per day
- Tips for chauffer
- Lunch and dinner or any other meals not included in the program
- Early check in and Late Checkout (Standard check in time is 1400 hrs and check out time is 1200 hrs)
- Personal Expenses such as laundry, liquor, drinks etc
- Perahera supplement (Kandy hotel only)
- Compulsory Christmas and New Year Gala dinner supplements
- Visa fees
- Up to 7 days after our confirmation : No cancellation fee
- Up to 22 days before arrival : 10% cancellation fee from the net package cost
- 21 ~ 08 days before arrival : 75% cancellation fee from the net package cost
- 07 ~ 0 days before arrival : 100% cancellation fee from the net package cost
- Children up to 2.99 years : Free in the same bedding configuration with the parents
- Children from 3 – 11.99 years: 50% charge if they use the existing bedding in the same room with the parents
- Children from 3 – 11.99 years: 85% charge if they use an extra bed in the same room with the parents
- Children above 12 years will be considered as an adult
Day 01 - Negombo
- Arrival in Sri Lanka. Transfer to Negombo. Evening at leisure to relax. Stay in a small hotel.
Day 02 - Kandy
- Transfer to Kandy. Evening visit the sacred Temple of Tooth which is the most venerated place of worship for the Buddhists in the island. Stay in a small homely hotel.
Day 03 - Knuckles
- Early morning you will be transferred to the knuckles mountain range for your trek. Commence the trek through home spice gardens, vegetable fields, rice fields and tea plantations. The trek is approximately 16 kms in total. At the end of the trail you will be able to swim at a base of a nice waterfall. On this trek you will be climbing from 1200 ft to 1850 ft. You will also have the opportunity to do some bird watching when coming back. Stay in a mobile tented camp in the Knuckles mountain range.
Day 04 - Knuckles
- After breakfast you will be trekking through tea plantations, pine forests, a typical Kandyan village and rice fields. This trek is approximately 18 kms. Village culture and bird watching are highlights of this trek. Stay in a camp by the river bank.
Day 05 - Kandy
- Do an early morning bird watching and witness the spectacular sunrise while riding a traditional catamaran and come back to the camp for your breakfast. You will be given a short drive and commence a short trek to see a beautiful waterfall. You will have the opportunity to swim at the base of the waterfall. Enjoy a typical Sri Lankan village lunch. Transfer back to Kandy. Stay in a small family owned hotel.
Day 06 - Adam's Peak
- Transfer to Nallathanniya. Afternoon at leisure. Stay in a small guest house.
Day 07 - Adam's Peak
- Early morning at 2 am set on a hike to Adam’s peak. View the lovely scenery of the sunrise from the mountain top. Descend down for breakfast. Transfer to Nuwara Eliya. Stay in a small cozy hotel.
Day 08 - Kirigalpotta
- Early morning proceed to the Kirigalpotta mountains. This is the 2nd highest mountain in Sri Lanka with a peak elevation of 2388 meters above sea level. This is the highest point in the Horton plains national park and also the highest peak accessible to the public. The trail is approximately 14 kms in total. A single and slightly overgrown path snakes through glassy plains, cloud forest and finally steep rock surfaces. You may come across wild animals such as Sri Lankan Leopard and Sambur. You will also have the opportunity to spot some endemic birds as well. Picnic lunch and refreshments will be provided. Stay in a simple lodge.
Day 09 - Ella
- After enjoying a freshly cooked breakfast proceed towards the mountain cliff to get the best view of the valley below. You will pass through an area called ‘Devil’s staircase’ a very narrow with three hair pin bends and at the end of this the tea estate and scenery become more fascinating. At this point you will descend to a waterfall called ‘Lanka falls’ where you will be able to swim at the natural pool at the base of the waterfall. Picnic lunch will be served. We continue our journey further down where you will come to see Sri Lanka’s highest waterfall “Bambarakanda”. You will be descending further down with the view of the waterfall intact. Picnic lunch and refreshments will be provided. Thereafter you will be transferred to Ella. Stay in a small hotel with a lovely view of the Ella gap.
Day 10 - Ella
- Morning set on a hike to Ella rock. You will be trekking through the country side, tea plantations and rail roads. Enjoy the lovely view from the mountain top. Evening at leisure for personal discovery of the town of Ella. Stay in a small hotel with a lovely view of the Ella gap.
Day 11 - Ella
- Visit the 9 Arch Bridge. Thereafter transfer to Negombo. Evening at leisure. Stay in a small hotel.
Day 12 - Departure
- Your exciting hiking adventure comes to an end. Hope to see you soon with a yet another memorable adventure in our paradise island.